Find out how you can own one of 100 replica Waterloo Eagles, produced by the Queen's Decorators & Gilders, Hare & Humphreys.
As part of the Waterloo Bicentenary commemoration, the New Waterloo Dispatch delivered 2 golden Eagles from Waterloo to London. These are custom-made replicas of the Eagle standards of the French 45th & 105th Regiments, created by a combination of modern 3D scanning and old-fashioned artisanal craftsmanship. Now, a small number of private collectors have the opportunity to own a superb memento of a once-in-a-lifetime occasion.
Hare & Humphreys Ltd., The Queen’s Decorators & Gilders, were granted access to the original Eagle of the 45th Regiment in the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Museum at Edinburgh Castle. Using multiple 3D sacans, they were able to create 2 exact replicas of the eagles used in the official bicentenary commemorations.
In celebration of this historic event Hare & Humphreys have also produced a bespoke limited edition of 100 reduced-size gilded replicas for the private collector. The 1st of the limited edition was presented to HRH The Princess Royal and the 2nd to Count Blucher at the East India Club on the 21st June 2015.
Collectors can now purchase these eagles for £375 + p&p directly via the Hare & Humphreys website.
Each collector will receive:
- Limited edition of 100: 95% scale hand finished replica of the 45eme Napoleonic Imperial Eagle.
- Dimensions: Height 26cm (incl. hardwood base). Wingspan 21.5cm. Weight 1 kilo (each piece may have minor variations)
- Resin, hand carved details, gilded & antiqued with 23.5c gold leaf. Unique number & craftsman ID on rear.
- Base plinth block: Hardwood with facing brass plaque. Base plinth rear: H&H Royal Warrant emblem.
- Individually signed letter of provenance for authenticity, headed by the Royal Warrant.
Profits from each purchase will be shared equally by both the charitable trusts of the New Waterloo Dispatch & Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Museum Edinburgh. All costs generously donated by Hare & Humphreys Ltd.
To find out more or place your order, contact Hare & Humphreys.