The award winning Museums are open to the public, 7 days a week, 10am to 5pm and are home to one of the largest and most historic pathology collections in the United Kingdom.
Surgeons’ Hall Museums reopened in 2015 after a major £4.4 million Heritage Lottery Funded redevelopment project. As one of the oldest Museums in Scotland, the collections grew from 1699 after ‘natural and artificial curiosities’ were publically sought, with the Playfair Building opening in 1832 to house the Barclay and Bell collections. Whilst the Museums were initially established as a medical teaching resource, all are now welcome to visit.
AddressRoyal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 18 Nicolson Street
- Museum - 0131 527 1711
£6.50 Adults. £4 Concessions.
- International Council of Museums
- Museums Association